Sunday 31 December 2017

From the F7A Cab

Today I got to ride in CN F7A 9064 from Waldron to Melville past the farm I got to sit in the engineers seat. I also got to use my new colour camera. It is such a different view from up in the cab.



















I have an SJCAM M10 with WIFI which is like a GoPro and I have it sitting on a 40' flat car. I have it shooting through a small wall that has a picture I got from the internet of the cab of an F7A that I resized to 1"x1"and mounted. I can move the wall back and forth to get the right distance then I just crop the pictures to just the cab size. The nut at the front is glued to the wall to hold it steady as we travel the rails. This camera can also take HD video. The only problem you have to work around is the wide angle lens that comes with these types of cameras that will give a curve to things that are beside it. It is about an 1 1/4 square. I will do a part 2 to this latter on.

No comments:

Post a Comment