Tuesday 1 October 2024

JI Case Curved Roof Dealership

 This is a picture of the model of the curved roof dealership.   This is the test pattern which are cut from .04" card stock. I get to test how it goes together and make any changes to the drawings before I cut the final parts on the laser. I need 2 supports for the roof on the inside so I added these to the drawing. The walls will be stucco which will be cut from 100 grit sand paper and glued to the exterior walls. The roof is made from .02" styrene. The shingles are scaled texture printed on paper and glued to the stryrene with 77 spray glue. I did not do a detailed interior as you really can't see much inside the structure easily. You can also see the joint in the cornner that helps to make it more sturdy and improves aliginment when putting a structure together. If you want 45degree corner you can't use this because you can't hide the joint. To hide the joint you have to add corner boards. I will add the door and window openings to the drawing now that I have seen the building.

Below is a picture of the drawing that goes to the laser. I altered the drawing to have a false front on the one end. The half circles are roof supports, 2 are glued to the false front and a couple are put in the middle.


Here is a picture of the 2nd building assembled with the unpainted sandpaper glued to it. The floor is card stock.



The following picture shows the sand paper painted. I just painted the interior with  a brush to give it some texture. The building will not be lit so seeing inside will be limited. This also shows the shingle texture on the roof. It is a texture of ashphault shingles from the internet. I scaled it down to size and joined a few panels together to be able to cover the roof in Inkscape. It is then printed on plain paper and then glued to the .02" styrene sheet. Once this had time to set I glued the roof to the building.


You can see just a slight overlap in the shingles down the center. The shingles sheet had to be cut in half and glued on in 2 pieces so they dropped the right way on both sides of the roof.  I will be able to hide this overlap when I weather it with some chalks. It still needs a chimney, vent pipe and power connection. I will add these after the windows are installed.


The following picture shows the windows and doors installed. The windows and man doors are Tichy and the big doors are scratch built from the remnants of the doors that were cut out of the walls. The 2 side doors are metal overhead doors. The signs are from the internet, scaled down and printed on plain paper and then glued on.


On the inside there is not much detail just a hoist with an old Athern car on it, a 1/64 scale tractor  because it is cheap and 3 or 4 people. You really can't see well inside so the 1/64 tractor looks fine. I may have to put a light in it through the floor??



Here are pictures of the finished model.





No comments:

Post a Comment